“The Future of Dentistry: From AI and Orofacial Analysis to Mental Wellness”
Dr. Kyle Stanley
January 15-19, 2024
MONDAY & TUESDAY
The Lip Factor and Orofacial Analysis
Throughout the years, esthetic dentistry has used teeth and gums only when designing smiles. We as dental professionals must remember to treatment plan with our patients’ entire faces in mind. Dr. Stanley will introduce a paradigm shift in esthetic treatment planning where we can incorporate minimally invasive procedures through the Digital Smile Design technique to give our patients a youthful lower face, better incisal display, and treatment plan with an Orofacial approach.
- Learn the Lip Factor technique to restore aging and over-augmented lips to an ideal youthful position
- Learn how to treatment plan with an Orofacial approach
- Treatment plan with new facial midline known as Facial Flow
Understanding Implant Biology for the Surgical and Restorative Dentist; Limiting Bone Loss:
This presentation will showcase proven research and how to avoid problems by utilizing surgical and restorative workflows. By picking apart old dogmas in implant dentistry, we can understand the periimplant biology and limit bone loss in the long term. Both surgeons and restorative doctors must understand these principles for the patient to benefit.
- Learn to reduce bone loss
- Understand both surgical and restorative principles
- Change your protocol to think biologically and understand the difference between teeth and implants
Artificial Intelligence in Dentistry
As AI brings its paradigm-shifting force to bear in dental care, however, few dentists have been given an honest accounting of how AI will actually impact their work––and fewer still have any first-hand experience with AI in their practices. This course aims to dispel the myths and mystery around AI’s current utility to dental offices with a boots-on-the-ground look at AI’s real-world impact on the clinical and business operations of practices currently employing the technology.
- Understand the fundamental strengths and weaknesses of AI systems
- Discover what kinds of AI tools are currently available
- Level-set on the nature and scope of impact that these tools have on clinical care and practice management
- Understand and learn to avoid certain risks associated with AI tools
- Learn best practices for leveraging AI tools day-to-day to maximize patient health and practice revenue
The Dark Side of Dentistry: Mental Wellness and Personal Growth for the Dental Team
Dentistry is ranked internationally as one of the best jobs in the world but also comes with one of the top suicide rates of any profession! Dr. Stanley will discuss this taboo topic in relation to stress from highly demanding patients, clinical revisions, and many other factors making for a stressful life for dental professionals. We will examine aspects of predictable clinical dentistry, practice management, and research-proven stress reduction techniques that allow dentists to be more successful in their clinical practices and live a more balanced life. By examining this topic, we can help many of our colleagues struggling with mental health issues related to this profession that we love.
- Introduce this taboo topic and how it relates to dentistry
- Identify stress topics in most dentists’ lives
- Give research-proven ways to reduce stress both clinically and in your personal life
Dr. Kyle Stanley, named “The Next Generation of Cosmetic Dentistry” by the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, “The Top 10 Young Educators in Dentistry” by the Seattle Study Club, and “World’s Top 100 Doctors in Dentistry” graduated from USC and then went on to complete a dental implant residency and dental implant specialty in Brazil. He is a researcher who has published in some top dental journals about esthetics, implants, and plastic surgery topics. With his company Pearl, he is changing how patients are treated through artificial intelligence and is a leader in this field. Dr. Stanley is the most prominent advocate of mental health in dentistry and through his Light Side community has helped countless dentists reduce stress and anxiety. He maintains a private practice in Beverly Hills, focusing on implant surgery and prosthetics.